This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: regarding man in cygwin software
- To: <sathish dot s at mail dot cominsights dot com>
- Subject: Re: regarding man in cygwin software
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:19:43 +0200
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
sathish.s schrieb am 2001-08-28, 23:38:
> I have installed Cygwin software, every things are working fine but to
> my surprise i did not find man i.e., manual for commands ,
> is it necessary that i should install any tool seperately for man,
> if so please let me know.
> waiting in anticipation.
Yes, every package comes with its own manpages included.
Program man is in its own package which you need to read
There are also a lot of .info docs where you need the
package texinfo to access them.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html