This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem building program: undef ref _imp__gettext
- To: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Subject: Re: problem building program: undef ref _imp__gettext
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: 28 Aug 2001 17:01:26 +1000
- Cc: Mark Paulus <commpg at yahoo dot com>, cygwin mailing list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- References: <ITDOMAIN002DYjqQMol00000064@itdomain002.itdomain.net.au><998970409.26907.3.camel@robertlinux> <3B8B264C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 28 Aug 2001 01:04:12 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> > On 27 Aug 2001 14:51:05 -0600, Mark Paulus wrote:
> >>Ok, I am guilty as charged of the "minimilistic" information.
> >>I am trying to build the debian dpkg source package, in an
> >>effort to start a debian-cygwin project. dpkg does use
> >>autoconf, and as such, I ran it in it's default state. I will
> >>try re-running it with the pointers you gave me, and then
> >>see about what it takes to get it to build OOB.
> > dpkg requires fifo's last I looked at it.
> > You need to create proper fifos for cygwin _before_ worrying about the
> > package per se.
> > I'm happy to send a patch for cygwin that has partially functioning
> > fifos, but it's quite bitrotted now, and had problems with fork when I
> > last looked at it.
> don't you need a daemon to handle permissions for fifos to work? Or am I
> confusing that with something else?
The daemon is _needed_ for improving some security aspects.
It's also _needed_ for shm to work properly.
Coincidentally it makes things like fifos a lot easier, because you can
potentially just pass around a pair of pipe() handles, rather than the
mucking around with mapped memory regions I'm doing at the moment.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html