This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libwww install fails on cygwin: HEAD vs. head filename confusion?
- To: libwww at perl dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: libwww install fails on cygwin: HEAD vs. head filename confusion?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:46:08 +0200
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: "Gerrit P. Haase"'s message of "Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:58:06 +0200"
- Reply-to: gp at familiehaase dot de
Gisle Aas schrieb am 2001-08-27, 17:55:
>"Gerrit P. Haase" <email@example.com> writes:
>> >Trying to install libwww-perl on cygwin, but seem to be having a problem with
>> >the symlink make install wants to create from /usr/bin/HEAD to
>> >/usr/bin/lwp-request. (Output below may be an aritifact of a previous failed
>> >make install.) I suspect the problem may be related to the fact that cygwin has
>> >a /usr/bin/head (like the tail program), which may be gettting confused with
>> >/usr/bin/HEAD due to Windows 2000 / Cygwin filename case-sensitivity issues?
>> I remember we resolved this, right?
>In a way. The newest dev releases will ask interactively if you want
>to install these programs and these links.
There is also now an option to make Cygwin using case-sensitivity,
if set to case_check:strict, there should be no more problems:
CYGWIN=$'binmode tty ntsec case_check:strict nowinsymlinks'
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html