This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem building program: undef ref _imp__gettext
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Subject: Re: problem building program: undef ref _imp__gettext
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 01:04:12 -0400
- CC: Mark Paulus <commpg at yahoo dot com>,cygwin mailing list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- References: <ITDOMAIN002DYjqQMol00000064@itdomain002.itdomain.net.au> <998970409.26907.3.camel@robertlinux>
Robert Collins wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2001 14:51:05 -0600, Mark Paulus wrote:
>>Ok, I am guilty as charged of the "minimilistic" information.
>>I am trying to build the debian dpkg source package, in an
>>effort to start a debian-cygwin project. dpkg does use
>>autoconf, and as such, I ran it in it's default state. I will
>>try re-running it with the pointers you gave me, and then
>>see about what it takes to get it to build OOB.
> dpkg requires fifo's last I looked at it.
> You need to create proper fifos for cygwin _before_ worrying about the
> package per se.
> I'm happy to send a patch for cygwin that has partially functioning
> fifos, but it's quite bitrotted now, and had problems with fork when I
> last looked at it.
don't you need a daemon to handle permissions for fifos to work? Or am I
confusing that with something else?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html