This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem building program: undef ref _imp__gettext
- To: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Subject: Re: problem building program: undef ref _imp__gettext
- From: "Mark Paulus" <commpg at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:49:57 -0600
- Cc: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-To: "Mark Paulus" <commpg at yahoo dot com>
Thanks, that worked. But, it makes me confused.
When I build this particular app under linux/debian,
it does NOT have the -lintl linker flag. And when I add
it, the link fails. But under cygwin, I need it.
Can anyone out there help me reconcile the issues here.
(So I can go back to the source and either provide a patch,
or do whatever to get it to work in both environs).
On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:41:58 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Mark Paulus wrote:
>> I'm trying to compile/link a program, and I'm getting the following
>> undefined reference: _imp__gettext.
>> Is there some Environment variable, or something special I need to
>> do to enable gettext??
>add -lintl to your link command.
>>(BTW, where is the '_imp_' getting
>> pre-pended to the name anyway??)
>That's the way shared libraries on windows (DLLs) work.
>Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html