This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl problem still..
- To: Karl Zilles <zilles at 1969 dot ws>
- Subject: Re: Perl problem still..
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:42:15 +0200
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Karl Zilles schrieb am 2001-08-24, 17:16:
>This was discussed many moons ago from the old perl version and I was
>hoping to see a fix in the new release.
>If I go to a text mounted directory and execute
>perl -p -i -e ';' textfile.txt
How should that work on windows?
I got another error here:
$ perl -p -i -e ';' textfile.txt
Can't do inplace edit on textfile.txt: Permission denied.
>Then every line in the textfile receives an extra '\r'. So, this being
>a dos text file, it gets two '\r's on every line.
I'm looking into this issue right now and i think i fixed it, but needs
more testing. I got a miniperl version here which works correct with
linefeeds on textmounts. I'm sure in the next release (probably soon)
this bug is fixed.
>It appears that the file is being read in binary mode, and written in
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html