This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Perl problem still..
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Perl problem still..
- From: Karl Zilles <zilles at 1969 dot ws>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:16:51 -0700
- Organization: 1969 Communications, Inc.
This was discussed many moons ago from the old perl version and I was
hoping to see a fix in the new release.
If I go to a text mounted directory and execute
perl -p -i -e ';' textfile.txt
Then every line in the textfile receives an extra '\r'. So, this being
a dos text file, it gets two '\r's on every line.
It appears that the file is being read in binary mode, and written in
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html