This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.3.2: Bug fileutil cp -p
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: 1.3.2: Bug fileutil cp -p
- From: Thomas Jäckel <jaeckel at netcologne dot de>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:51:06 +0200
It is me, again - I am missing a bit of concentration.
Some more remarks/results at the bottom.
> > Hello,
> > I am new to cygwin and not reading the mailing list, so it may be a know
> > problem or not ;-).
> > While trying to install BerkleyDB the following error occured:
> > cp -fp db_archive /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/bin/db_archive
> > cp: preserving times for `/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/bin/db_archive': No
> > file or directory
> > make: *** [install_utilities] Error 1
> > db_archive in fact is named "db_archive.exe" and it is copied to the
> > place with the
> > correct extension.
> > Trying to recompile cp and looking for the error failed, cause after
> > compiling I got
> > a different message "xx and xx2 are the same files" ...
> > If the extensions of executables are handled by the cygwin-DLL, then you
> > should have a look
> > at the utime function.
> Sorry. This error seems to be a bit more complicated.
> If I remove the p flag I got the following message:
> cp -f db_archive db_checkpoint /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/bin/db_checkpoint
> cp: copying multiple files, but last argument
> `/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/bin/db_checkpoint' is not a directory
> So perhabs it is a problem with the Makefile? I don't think so - here the
> @echo "Installing DB utilities: $(bindir) ..."
> @test -d $(bindir) || \
> ($(mkdir) -p $(bindir) && $(chmod) $(dmode) $(bindir))
> @cd $(bindir) && $(rm) -f $(UTIL_PROGS)
> @$(INSTALLER) -f $(UTIL_PROGS) $(bindir)
> $(INSTALLER) = cp
> $(bindir) = /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/bin
> $(UTIL_PROGS) = db_archive db_checkpoint db_deadlock \
> db_dump db_load db_printlog db_recover
> db_stat db_upgrade db_verify
> I think something is mixed up with the params of the cp command.
After removing the f flag, the files were copied correctly.
But now the problems with the exe extensions moves on to the next
command "strip", which complains about not finding the appropriate files.
At moment I will change the makefile and hope someone has the knowledge
and time to work on the extension thing.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html