Re: Transient fetchmail corruption problem under Windows 2000

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:42:41PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Am 7 Aug 2001, um 16:10 hat Jason Tishler geschrieben:
>
> Jason,
>
> > [This message was received corrupted...  I have attached it for
> > perusal by the curious.]
>
> Some more comments:
>
> I just send a binary to myself via mutt from the commandline here at
> my win98 box:
>
> $ mutt -a 037.jpg -s test freeweb@nyckelpiga.de < test.msg
>
> As mailer for mutt i used ssmtp to my default mailhub.
> Guess what, first try a hit, the jpeg is corrupted.
> I looks like yopur attached email, it is ok at the beginning and the
> rest is garbage...not completely destroyed, but it's no longer a nice
> picture.
>
> So it seems to be a problem with mutt or ssmtp (for me now), even on
> my win98 box, will try tomorrw with win2k box, too.

I've just replaced the cygwin ssmtp with that from unixmail
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/unixmail-w32/) and I can now send
binary attachments without problems. It seems that the cygwin ssmtp is
doing wrong.

Gruss Olaf

--
Olaf Föllinger