This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: difficulties with 1.4.5/cygwin
- To: raybro at iname dot com
- Subject: Re: difficulties with 1.4.5/cygwin
- From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu dot org>
- Date: 14 Aug 2001 15:45:29 +0200
- Cc: lilypond-user at gnu dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Organization: Jan at Appel
- References: <E15P4eh-00075Temail@example.com><3B603999.817DE540@portone.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org><3B6195EA.9EA425E0@portone.com> <email@example.com><3B675F93.EF7E6956@portone.com>
"William R. Brohinsky" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Tonight, in frustration, I upgraded python from the supported 1.5.2-2 in
> the distribution to 2.2 from the full cygwin distrib.
> And now, ly2dvi works.
> I'm not sure if I'm happy (well, ok, I'm elated) or upset (well,
> confused, I am!)
> But it worked.
I've looked into that python supported by cygwin, but I'm not planning
to include it, as it seems to be a rather quaint mixture of
cygwin/unix and windows. At the core, it uses windows paths and
I think we should wait until cygwin fixes python to use unix style
paths. Until then, I've added your suggestion to the wiki,
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <email@example.com> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien | http://www.lilypond.org
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html