This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: testdbm: segmentation fault
- To: Alec at Mihailovs dot com
- Subject: Re: testdbm: segmentation fault
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 04:24:42 -0400
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <NCBBKFBLELHDDEGCEHPICEDIEMAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alec Mihailovs wrote:
> I just got a segmentation fault with core dumped
> running testdbm. Testndbm tells that dbm_open failed.
> I have a fresh installation of cygwin 1.3.2.
> It looks as though cygwin perl doesn't support dbm?
sortof. cygwin perl supports gdbm in its native (gdbm) mode, as well as
in its emulation (ndbm) mode. However, gdbm's ndbm emulation has
problems on FAT drives (due to the non-existence of hardlinks). Try
running your test on NTFS drives.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html