This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: about reinstall
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: about reinstall
- From: Brian Keener <bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:00:27 EDT
- References: <3B732D53.B31318D0@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
- Reply-To: bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com
> (in my latest directory, all files are still stored, is there anyway i
> can use them???)
Run setup.exe again and tell it to install from local directory. Give it the
appropriate root directory and the local directory and then make sure that you
select either the highest version number it displays or that you select
You can do the above using either install from local directory or install from
Internet, or you can select download from internet and get all the most recent
version and then run setup.exe again and select from local directory.
This is all pretty much how you got it installed in the first place so just
because you did an uninstall by mistake doesn't mean you can't go run setup.exe
again and reinstall.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html