This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: create a "real" windows shortcut ??
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: create a "real" windows shortcut ??
- From: "Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright dot net>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 00:35:36 -0400
- Organization: There is no organisation.
- Reply-to: jonadab at bright dot net
# > 2. will open /usr/local/bin/backup.bat in wordpad,
# > so the user can edit that file.
# > using ln -s ..., I can get (1) but not (2) to work.
# You can't. What happens on (2)? Does it start notepad?
# You'll have to change the association of the .bat suffix
# to wordpad in Windows.
Or you can add that association, without removing the other
one. (You can pick between available associations by
right-clicking. If you just double click, it uses whichever
one is set as default.) Be aware that editing a batch
file in WordPad requires care when saving. (Then again,
I think that's true of Notepad also, because of the
extension. EDIT is really the best text editor that comes
with Windoze OOTB.)
Does this have *anything* to do with cygwin?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html