This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.3.2 bug: expect kills the terminal
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: 1.3.2 bug: expect kills the terminal
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 01:16:24 -0400
- References: <F41EA2C2574AD5118FF500508BA54CC81F5630@aldusv03.allcom.ch>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 02:02:28PM +0200, Stanislav Sinyagin All Com AG wrote:
>After running "expect" with any spawn command,
>something bad is done to the terminal, and bash shell attached to this
>tty exits immediately.
>File "aaa" contains a single line:
> spawn sh
>Running "expect aaa" kills the shell, and the command window closes
>automatically. If running "C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat" from a cmd window,
>after running expect bash says "logout" and returns back to cmd.
>After downgrading to Cygwin DLL 1.3.1 release, the problem disappears.
>The problem occurs at Cygwin DLL 1.3.2 under Windows 2000 Service Pack 1.
>All the cygwin package re-installed from newest distribution
>by Jul 4 2001.
>See attached the "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out" report
I've just checked in a fix for this so it should be ok in the next
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html