wxWindows - problem with cygwin ?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Cygwin.

There's been a problem with wxWindows (I  have 2.2.7) and cygwin, more
specifically : Applications crash
when trying to show (nonempty) tooltips for Toolbar buttons.

(Since I use cygwin + wxMSw, I have the same problem)

This problem is known to the wxWindows maintainers, but considering that
this doesn't occur when using any other windows compiler (including
MingW32), they suspect that the cause is some problem with cygwin
headers/libraries/...

I haven't come across this issue in the cygwin list archives.

Is anybody on this list (who knows both cygwin and wxwindows) aware of this
or have any idea what the cause might be?

Pieter