This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Possible to login as different user?
- To: wguynes at mav dot net
- Subject: Possible to login as different user?
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:41:04 +0100
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sunday 5 Aug 01, William Guynes writes:
> - "su" command is non-existant in my default install. I installed
> everything possible with the setup.exe.
> - "login" gives a "Login incorrect"
> After reading some of the mailing list archives, I used crypt and
> tried to manually edit the /etc/passwd file password for those two
What about the FAQ? Did you read the entry "Where is the su command?"
Did it help? I don't use su or login, so I need help with this FAQ
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html