This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
international characters problem with bash
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: international characters problem with bash
- From: "Chahine M. Hamila" <mch at chaham dot com>
- Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 20:01:06 +0200
I installed cygwin bash recently on Win2k professional edition and I had
a problem with
1) displaying file names that contained characters such as é or è (even
though these display right in vi or when catting a vi editted text file
2) entering these letters on the bash command line.
I edited the inputrc file like documented, but it doesn't seem to solve
I understand I am not the first to have this problem, but unfortunately
none of the posts I saw in different mailing lists was answered.
Thanks in advance,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html