This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building GCC from Sources
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Building GCC from Sources
- From: dianj at OCF dot Berkeley dot EDU
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:36:46 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: dipaktc at rediffmail dot com
If the failure is "gencode" complaining about "unknown rtx code..." then
it's caused by not handling DOS CR LF property. This can be fixed by
doing one of the following:
* apply the patch
* mount the directory the sources are under in textmode
* convert the file gcc-3.0/gcc/config/i386/i386.md to use Unix newlines
* unpack the sources with Cygwin tar (the extra CR's that caused the
build to fail are added by programs such as WinZip)
then build it according to the instructions
I don't have any other problems building the GCC 3.0 release for C/C++.
By the way, the plateform-specific installation notes says
> Current (as of early 2001) snapshots of GCC will build under Cygwin
> without modification.
that seems to imply that 2.95.x might not work.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html