Messed up HOME

My home directories are messed up.  I install cygwin in
h:\cygwin.

When I start cygwin it creates an empty dir in h:\home .
The shell window opens up to  /cygdrive/h/home  (equating to h:\home).
But cd ~administrator tries to go to /home/administrator which doesn't exist.
$HOME is set to /cygdrive/h/home.

How can I get these two pointing to the correct dir, assumingly
in h:\cygwin\home?

THis is running on NT 4, SP6a, latest version of cygwin from the web site.
I have had previous versions loaded in different directories, and I see some
evidence of those installs around.

Brian