RE: CYGWIN: User's Guide as One-File

 It appears that you did not read Chris Faylor's post carefully.  He showed
you how to do what you want.
 However, I think his answer can be improved on.

wget -r -N -nH -np http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html

-N  don't retrieve files if older than local.  (No big deal?)
-nH don't create host directories (eliminates cygwin.com directory)
-np don't ascend to the parent directory (eliminates various unwanted files)