Re: error starting cron on nt4

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:58:18PM +0000, Erik Bak-Mikkelsen wrote:
> > Hi cygwinners,
> > please, I have a problem in starting cron on an nt4.0.
> > I have installed the cron service using the srvany from the res.kit.
> > However, when I from a bash or cmd shell issue the command:
> > myuser@myserver /bin$ net start cron
> >
> > I get the following error:
> > The service is not responding to the control function.
> >
> > More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2186.
> >
> > At the same time the following entry is generated in the EventLog:
> > The cron service failed to start due to the following error:
> > The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
> > timely fashion.
>
> Install it using cygrunsrv instead of srvany:
>
>   cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D -e "CYGWIN=<your settings>"

Great, and thanks, this solved the install and run problem of the cron daemon.
Now the service is installed under the SYSTEM account.
However, my crontab under another userid
*/1 * * * * /cygdrive/mydrive/notepad.exe
gives an error in the EventLog saying
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( /USR/SBIN/CRON )
could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
/USR/SBIN/CRON : Win32 Process Id = 0x162 : Cygwin Process
Id = 0x162 : (CRON) error (can't switch user context).

Now, I think I have read something about running cron under diiferent users but I can't figure out what it was. Maybe a limitation in NT?
The man-pages also gives something on that but not final clue. Anyone?
regards
Erik Bak-Mikkelsen