Re: [opendx-users] missing CYGXMP-X4.DLL

Errmmm...the current "xpm" package (now named "xpm-nox") does not
contain my old X-based version of the Xpm library -- that is,
cygXpm-X4.dll is not included any longer.  xpm-nox contains ONLY the
X11-free version of the Xpm library.

This is because all X-based Xpm functionality is provided by the
cygwin-xfree project's /usr/X11R6/bin/libXpm.dll.  Now, the absence of
cygXpm-X4.dll will break certain other apps that may have been compiled
in the past to rely on cygXpm-X4.dll.

We have two choices:
   a) add cygXpm-X4.dll back to the xpm-nox package -- but without
import libs.  This way, old projects (like dxsamples) will continue to
work without interruption, but newly compiled projects will link with
cygwin-xfree's libXpm.dll by default -- or, if appropriate steps are
taken, will link with xpm-nox's cygXpm-noX4.dll.  However, this creates
no "encouragement" to projects like dxsamples to recompile and use
cygwin-xfree's libXpm.dll, if they need libXpm with X support.

   b) continue as is, and instruct the dxsamples people to recompile so
that they use the cygwin-xfree dll (if they need X support) or to
recompile so that they use cygXpm-noX4.dll (if they do not need X support).

I will defer to your judgement on this, Suhaib.  Which do you prefer?

--Chuck