compilation

I have the same error than was reported some months ago. I made an extract
to remind the problem

--------
John,

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 06:52:53PM -0500, fortinj@attglobal.net wrote:
> Cannot export _bss_end__: symbol not defined
> Cannot export _bss_start__: symbol not defined
> Cannot export _data_end__: symbol not defined
> Cannot export _data_start__: symbol not defined
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've gotten the above error message when the DLL is not exporting any
symbols.  Add at least one __declspec(dllexport) attribute, use a .def
file, or -Wl,--export-all-symbols.
-------
> I've gotten the above error message when the DLL is not exporting any
> symbols.  Add at least one __declspec(dllexport) attribute, use a .def
> file, or -Wl,--export-all-symbols.
>
> Jason

I added the -Wl,--export-all-symbols which did not work :(

However, when I used the *.def file it worked. :)
Thanks for the insight!
------

I also try the Wl solution for the same answer. My problem is that I don't
really know what is a .def file as I come from unix. Could you point me a
doc on this subject ?

thanks in advance