Cygwin 1.3.2(0.39/3/2): multiuser telnet session very slow

Hi All!

I am running Cygwin 1.3.2 on a Winnt workstation and even successfully set
up the telnet server to work with nt. It works and I can remotely login to my
machine using different users. What is my problem then?

Loggin on (even multiple times) using one user will not affect performance
but once there are two different users logged in, performance will degrade
significantly. I get response times at about 20sec for a shell command. Striking
about this is that the task manager will not show anything near 100% cpu
load, despite the response time proposes a fully loaded system. I perform
authentification of the two users one against a central domain and the other via
the local host.

Can anyone explain the reason for the high response time when logging in
with two different users? Is an authentification performed via the network with
every command issued or the like?

Yours

Thomas

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a