Re: Cut and paste problem with cygwin 1.3.1

Hi!

Thursday, 26 April, 2001 Wilson Farrell wfarrell@bbn.com wrote:

>> >To confirm this, I re-installed from scratch (again), but I used cygwin
>> >v1.1.8, mingw v20010130-1, and w32api v20010130-1.  This combination
>> >worked as expected.  I could cut and paste lots of lines (>24) between
>> >a Windoze text file and a bash session.
>>
>> I just tried this and had zero problems pasting many lines of text into
>> a "cat" run from bash.
>>
>> I tried both CYGWIN=tty and CYGWIN=notty and had similar experiences with
>> both.

WF> Cat worked for me as well.  vi on the other hand froze up when I tried
WF> pasting more than three lines.  I think I was able to paste larger
WF> quantities to vi before.

i think it's my fault. my post-1.1.8 tty changes contained a bug which
led to such behavior. the patch in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2001-q2/msg00167.html
fixed this bug for me. you can either try the patch yourself or wait
for next snapshot.