Re: openSSH under cygwin fix

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 08:15:56AM -0700, Karl M wrote:
> Hi C...
>
> I understand what you are saying, and agree with that.
>
> What I am saying is that when I use sshd running as a srvany service, I
> don't get my user specific environment variable definitions picked up (the
> ones I define from the windows gui). I have to also define them in
> ~/.ssh/environment. I was just asking if there was a way to avoid this extra
> step.

Not yet. There's some code in Cygwin which loads the users
profile when the user context changes but

- it works only for local profiles, not for server based profiles
- it doesn't rearrange the user environment from the information
  in the user profile.

That's really serious: Patches gratefully accepted.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.