multi-user status

What's the status on multi-user security in cygwin? Right now it's pretty
much useless as e.g. a telnet server because anyone can
cat < /dev/ttyN
and other evil things on your tty, there seems to be no way to avoid it.

Is there something in NT security that prevents some security being set on
the shared memory, or would it require a change in architecture (e.g. a part
of cygwin running as an NT service or in kernel mode)?

I know the main goal of cygwin is to be a porting layer, but I think it's
almost evolved into a whole operating system, and I know that many people
use it that way too.

Regards,
Jonas Jensen