This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Rep: Re: Compiling with Borland C but not with Cygwin !!!
- To: Latyr Jean-Luc FAYE <webmaster at faye dot cjb dot net>
- Subject: Re: Rep: Re: Compiling with Borland C but not with Cygwin !!!
- From: Dmitrii Pasechnik <dima at cs dot uu dot nl>
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:52:38 +0200 (MET DST)
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Latyr Jean-Luc FAYE wrote:
>A few more questions on this behaviour.
>I'm a Cygwin's newbie (3 days now) and I would like to know what was wrong.
>I mean why
>gcc -otest.exe file.c is OK
this happens to be OK on Cygwin, as for some unknown to me reason
libcygwin has all of libm included, and libcygwin is linked by default.
>gcc -otest.exe file.c -lm is OK
>gcc -lm -otest.exe file.c -lm is NOT OK
that's I guess because of the above...
>I am more surprised by the fact that
>gcc -otest.exe file.c is OK because I am using math.h in file.c and I learnt
>at school that when I use math.h I should put -lm in the compilation line
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple