Re: Available memory

I directed the discussion back to the list.

mem is a "DOS" tool.  I don't think you should expect to get a valid view
of system resources through this (it shows 1MB of extended memory for me
too).  In any case, what this tool tells you has nothing to do with Cygwin.

You need more heap space (assuming you have set up your system under Windows
with enough physical and/or virtual memory to accommodate your package's
requirement).  Check the value of heap_chunk_in_mb as I suggested and bump
it up to whatever you need.  That should do the trick, assuming the package
is built with Cygwin in the first place.  Otherwise, Cygwin's settings are
entirely inconsequential.

Larry