From: Earnie Boyd [mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 11:32 AM
To: Brady, Richard
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Minimal install

So the real question is, what else do I have to install to get this to
work?  Is this correct?  You've installed only those items you mention.
I know that there are now enough portals controlled by setup.ini that
I'm actually going to tell you what else to install.

Here is a minimal user installation:
ash
bash
bzip2
clear
cygwin
diff
file
fileutils
findutils
gawk
grep
groff
gzip
less
man
patch
sed
shellutils
tar
termcap
texinfo
textutils
time
vim

If you want to do development add:
autoconf
automake
binutils
bison
byacc
flex
gcc
gdb
gdbm
gettext
gperf
m4
make
mingw
ncurses
opengl
perl
readline
regex
tcltk
w32api

Good luck,
Earnie.

P.S.: I may have more than enough but I could also have missed something
important.  Allowing setup to install all packages is the best option
for support from this list.

P.P.S.: the Cygwin package is a must.  All others depend on it.  You can
reduce the above list as you see fit.