Re: #define Win32_Winsock fails in 1.1.8

I'm definitely not using WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.   In fact I've run the file
through gcc -E and found that the appropriate headers ARE being included
the problem is that sys/types.h is ALSO being included and should NOT be
until AFTER winsock.h is included.  It is unfortunately included before.
The header files are VERY complicated and I don't know the conventions that
are used to ensure they work consistently.  I am more than happy to develop
a patch.  Is there anywhere that defines the header file conding
conventions that I can read so I can be sure not to screw something else
up.

Matt Brozowski

                    "Paul Garceau"
                    <pgarceau@qwest.net>         To:     cygwin@cygwin.com
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    cygwin-owner@sources.        Subject:     Re: #define Win32_Winsock fails in 1.1.8
                    redhat.com

                    03/07/01 05:21 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Paul Garceau

Hi folks,

On 7 Mar 2001, at 8:44, the Illustrious Matt.Brozowski@tavve.com wrote:

> The reason I am attempting to use the WinSock API via Cygwin is that my
> application is integrating with a commercial application (HP OpenView)
> and the APIs on the windows version return WinSock sockets that I need
> to do a WinSock select on in order to tell when there is data to read.
> This has not been a problem in the past because the #define
> Win32_Winsock enables this feature.  It just appears that in the latest
> version some header file changes has broken this feature.  I have
> currently worked around to problem by removing the #include
> <sys/reent.h> from string.h and tolerating the "struct _reent declared
> inside parameter list" warning that occurs.  I was hoping know from this
> list if anyone was aware of this problem to ensure it got fixed in a
> future release.

           You might want to verify that you are _not using_
           #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.

           If you are (at least under Win32API), it automatically turns off
the
Win32 socket stuff, Winsock2 notwithstanding.

           Peace,

                     Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.