Re: Strange problem - access to directories denied

At 07:06 PM 3/6/2001, Scott Steeves wrote:
>Eventually this problem will go away. I'll run one of my batch files a day or three later and the dir will be gone. Exactly how or why this happens I don't know. Rebooting does solve the problem - upon reboot the offending directory no longer exists.

Sounds to me like the directory in question is in the process of being deleted
but someone is still holding onto the handle so it can't be.  Rebooting would
release the handle lock and allow the file to be deleted, as would finding the
offending program and killing it.  An exact sequence of steps that reproduces
the problem would help the diagnosis of course...