Re: 1.18 failed in Win 98

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I did set the heap chunk size to 1GB in 1.1.8.
>
> I haven't officially announced this yet, are you people just polling sources.redhat.com
> or something?  I guess this explains why the bandwidth is always pegged there.

No, 1.1.8-1 has made it to the mirrors.  I ran setup to update to gcc-7
to help test *that* -- and noticed that 1.1.8 was there.  I *knew* it
was also a test release (since I read cygwin-developers) -- and wanted
to help test it.

------
However, I think there may be something wrong with the script that
generates setup.ini -- it doesn't seem to honor the 'test' marker in a
setup.hint file.  popt is not listed as a test release and shows up in
the setup window as official.
------
Sorry, false alarm: problem between keyboard and chair.  My popt
setup.hint had a colon in it -- 'test: 1.6.1-1'.  This is also the
reason wget and ncftp were never marked 'test'.
------

In any case, I just checked sourceware and there is no setup.hint file
-- so anybody who runs setup for any reason (e.g. Corinna's ash or bash
updates) will also see the cygwin-1.1.8 on the mirrors and will not be
immediately informed that it is a test release.

--Chuck