Setup.exe?

I'm just trying to run Sun's J2ME CLDC (Sun Java tool for PDAs etc).

Well in the J2ME doco it talks about downloading the GNU tools to build the source release.

What I don't understand is what does the setup.exe program do?  Setup.exe is currently downloading all the packages (seems as though it's gonna take forever!).

Then what will setup.exe?  .

Also if setup.exe fails and I reattempt to run it, is it intelligent enough to download only the packages I don't have?

Please help

Regards