rshd not returning Win2K error messages

I recently upgraded one of my Cygwin installations (on Win2K) to 1.1.7 with
the latest inetutils.  I configured the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files
for my accounts, installed an inetd.conf file, and installed inetd as a
service.

I was very happy to find that rshd was now working without the 10-minute
delay (thanks, Steve & Corinna!) but have since run into a problem.  If I
use rsh to try to run a program that isn't there, the OS generates a
message to tell me "The system cannot find the file specified."  Quite
unfortunately, rshd/rsh did not return the message out stderr or stdout to
my calling script.

I am hoping I merely missed something in my configuration or that someone
here has been through this same issue (and I haven't found it searching the
archives) and has some advice.

Cygwin 1.1.7
inetutils-1.3.2-8
CYGWIN=binmode tty ntsec notitle
rsh from Solaris 7 to Win2K:
	# rsh win2kdemo <non-existent-program-name>
	#

Any help would be appreciated.

	Hayden Ridenour
	Interwoven, Inc.