failed install of perl module Tk under cygwin

Hello and Good Afternoon:

I've been following the conversation about "install of perl Tk under cygwin"
and have been experiencing similar problems. I guess I'm trying to make sure
I don't have a setup problem on my end.

I'm following the basic steps outlined in README.cygwin from
Tk_cygwin_patch.txt posted by Eric Fifer (many thanks). When I run:
	patch -p1 < Tk_cygwin_patch.txt
I get messages like:

patching file `DragDrop/Win32Site/Win32Site.xs'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to
DragDrop/Win32Site/Win32Site.xs.rej
patching file `DragDrop/site_test'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to DragDrop/site_test.rej
patching file `IO/IO.xs'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 79.

I'm wondering if my patch is not working correctly? Probably "user error"!

I run the second patch (Tk.patch2). Here I get a "Hunk FAILED" message and
"patch: **** malformed patch at line 25:  =0A=" message.

I have installed the xfree86 stuff mentioned in README.cygwin.

The "perl Makefile.PL" seems to work.

The "make" dies wanting to find tkWinPort.h. I'm willing to start #undef'ing
__WIN32__ and _WIN32 in some key header files - but I thought I'd ask first
if I don't have "bigger problems".

I hope this message gave enough detail without being too long ...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated - many many thanks,