xterm-like terminal emulator

I am looking for a terminal emulator I can run bash in that
acts like xterm, specifically that does cutting and pasting
like an xterm and not like the DOS window.  I know that the
XFree project has been ported and it includes xterm, but it
seems to take over your whole screen.  I want just a simple
non-intrusive xterm.  Anyone knnow of one?  Thanks,
Dan