Re: NTL Version 5.0c & Cygwin tools

Chris,

Thanks for the response.  Mr. Shoup (NTL's author) writes that
he will try to take your response into account for future releases.

> I don't know what NTL 5.0c might be ...

It's a state of the art "Number Theory Library" mathematics
package.  If interested, check out:

http://www.shoup.net/ntl/

You may even want to add it to your list of "packages
successfully built with Cygwin."

> but if you are running the
> program
> on Windows 9x, then getrusage will not work because the API that
> Cygwin uses to retrieve this information is only supported on NT.

... understood.  Thanks!

> P.S.  Geoffrey Noer has not been involved in the Cygwin project for
> some
> time and is no longer with Red Hat.

I included him on distro because he was mentioned along with
his email address in an include header file (sys/time.h or
maybe sys/resource.h).

Again, thanks for your response.  It was helpful.

Richard Graham