This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/sbin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/sbin/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:25:14 +0100
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 03:56:54PM +0200, Jari Aalto+tpu.misc wrote:
> If I run bash inside Win32 NT Emacs 20.6, following happens and
> there is indeen no /usr/sbin/ssh-askpass. in fact it is nowhere in the
> Cygwin filesystem.
Correct. It's not part of OpenSSH itself but it's a contributed
application. AFAIK there are two different versions, x11-ssh-askpass
and gnome-ssh-askpass while ssh.com has it's own version.
gnome-ssh-askpass is in the OpenSSH sources in the contrib subdirectory.
You will find x11-ssh-askpass at
Both are not that helpful when running under Cygwin without X11.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple