Re: Possible Bug (never know)

The "standard" sh found on Solaris 2.7 does not recognize pushd/popd so I'd suggest "not expected to support" as the answer.

On the flip side, Solaris sh recognizes functions but really old sh's didn't have that feature either, so you could argue either way.  I think I'd still go with "not
expected" though.

David Starks-Browning wrote:

> > It's an ash versus bash thing.  ash (aka /bin/sh) does not support pushd
> > or popd.  Bash does.
>
> Is /bin/sh (not ksh or bash) normally expected to support pushd and
> popd?  If so, and it's something ommitted from ash, I'll add this to
> the FAQ under "Why doesn't my script work?".
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> --

Bob McGowan