debugging rshd

    I'm having trouble with rshd and I'd like to debug the problem.
Before I go delving into inetd.c, could someone perhaps tell me how to
start in.rshd under gdb?  I tried setting up inetd.conf as:

shell   stream   tcp   nowait   root   /usr/bin/gdb
/usr/local/libexec/in.rshd -L

(pardon the spurious <CR>, if any, this mailer is *WEIRD*)

    ...which I thought would do it, but it didn't work.  Then I noticed
that the default entries do not appear to be consistent with:

#
<args>
#

    ...specifically, "<server_path> <args>" appears to get
"/usr/sbin/in.rshd in.rshd -L", which seems more like "<server_path>
<server_name> <args>" to me.  Are we supposed to be handing the
executable its own name?

    Any and all enlightenment gratefully accepted.

/|/|ike