setup.exe aborting at the end of an update

Hi all,

maybe I should be sending this to DJ only, but someone might have
experienced the same problem I'm facing right now, which would spare him
some headache ;)

I have just downloaded the latest version of setup.exe (2.3, according to
its opening banner) from Cygwin official site, and I am trying to update a
lot of packages (bash, less etc.). I chose "Install from the Internet",
"Default file type = UNIX", "Install just for me", "Use IE5 settings" and
the ftp.freesoftware.com mirror. Selecting the packages happens smoothly,
and the download phase also completes without a glitch. However, at the very
end of the installation phase (after installing zlib), setup.exe causes a
"OleMainThreadWndName: setup.exe - Application Error". The full description
follows below, in case it helps:

The instruction at "0x77e7a5f7" referenced memory at "0x0043c0d2". The
memory could not be "read".

Has anybody else experienced this?

Best,

Andre