RE: Make --win32 shell bug?

Attached are two patches to avoid the stackdump with make-3.79.1-1 and the
Makefile I was using to test them.

The patch to job.c fixes the access violation; the patch to function.c fixes
a tiny bug when nothing is read into the buffer but later code assumes it's
a null-terminated string.

Note that it still doesn't work 100%:

make: cmd.exe: Command not found
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Anyone else want to help?

Brad Town

> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 08:55:27AM +0200, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >the
> >-----------------------------------------
> >OBJLST := $(shell echo hello)
> >-----------------------------------------
> >was originally one line, only out of some reason my mailer
> thought it's
> >better to devide it ;) (hope this time it work's)
> >
> >yes i was running make 3.79-3, since the version number felt somehow
> >"higher", however i downloaded now 3.79.1-1, but the stack
> error remains the
> >same....
> >
> >Well running in the bash shell invoking make without --win32 works
> >correctly, but starting it from a DOS-BOX with --win32
> yields me to that stack dump
> >:(
>
> Oops.  Today I *can* duplicate it.  I must not have been
> adding --win32
> yesterday.
>
> Anyway, if you would like to submit a patch to fix this behavior, I'll
> release a new version of make.
>
> cgf

function.c.diff

job.c.diff