Who broke the new SETUP.EXE?

While the new SETUP.EXE is nice in that it tells you version numbers, etc.,
the previous version allowed me to create my own directories containing
tar.gz files and it would install them for me.  This was very convenient for
setting up specialized Cygwin installations at work.  Is there any way to
get that behavior now?

In addition, when downloading the initial files, SETUP.EXE shouldn't use the
simple browse dialog, but the full file dialog.  If I want to save in a new
directory it is impossible in the browse dialog because it has no method to
create new directories.

David