getpeername problem on NT?

I recently posted about having problems with sshd on NT.  After further
testing with inetd and all of the other network daemons I've found that my
problem appears to be somehow related to getpeername.  When connecting to
any of the network daemons I initially connect fine and then I get an error
message like:

getpeername: The descriptor is a file, not a socket

I can't imagine that I'm the only one to ever run into this.  Is there some
configuration or something that needs to be done before using any of these
daemons?

I've already went through every combination of user privledges, CYGWIN
variables WinNT service setups etc. I could think of or have found in the
mailing list archives.

Thanks,
Gil Markham