Re: Cygwin running from CD and symlinks

 Larry> Sorry but this isn't enough information to help you determine
 Larry> why this is the case.  However, if you edit the symlink file
 Larry> itself in notepad or some editor that doesn't grok Cygwin,
 Larry> you'll see the symlink you created and this may help you
 Larry> determine why you don't see what you expect to see.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough.  I install Cygwin tree with
other goodies on a Samba volume exported from a Linux machine.  It
works fine on client machines.  However, when I am in the Lab or on
the floor, machines are not always networked.  I made a CD from Linux
side and try to achieve the same thing.  he file content on the CD is
correct, (!<symlink>xemacs-21.1.10.exe^@), with a permission of
r--r--r--.  However, it is not recognized as symlink by Cygwin.  I
read the Cygwin doc and it mentioned system bit.  What is it in Unix
terms?  How do I set it with mkisofs?

--

Regards,

			Rui-Tao (x31679)