Is __imp_reent_data Deprecated? (a.k.a Problem #3 Building Cygwin PostgreSQL)

While building PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on a stock Cygwin 1.1.4, I had problems
during the linking phase because of the attached file contributed by Mumit
Khan.  Specifically, I had an undefined reference to '__imp_reent_data'
due to the following line:

    _impure_ptr = __imp_reent_data;

Reading the comments, I can only assume that '__imp_reent_data' is a
vestige of b19.  If so, what is the appropriate analog for the Net
release?

BTW, searching the archives I found exactly the same problem as
documented by:

Unfortunately, there was no response to this post.  Hopefully, I will
be more fortunate.  At least, I can try, try again...

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235

   I've used DllMain as the DLL "main" since that's the most common
   usage. MSVC and Mingw32 both default to DllMain as the standard
   callback from the linker entry point. Cygwin32 b19+ uses essentially
   the same, albeit slightly differently implemented, scheme. Please
   see DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL macro in <cygwin32/cygwin_dll.h> for more
   info on how Cygwin32 uses the callback function.

   The real entry point is typically always defined by the runtime
   library, and usually never overridden by (casual) user. What you can
   override however is the callback routine that the entry point calls,
   and this file provides such a callback function, DllMain.

   Mingw32: The default entry point for mingw32 is DllMainCRTStartup
   which is defined in libmingw32.a This in turn calls DllMain which is
   defined here. If not defined, there is a stub in libmingw32.a which
   does nothing.

   Cygwin32: The default entry point for cygwin32 b19 or newer is
   __cygwin32_dll_entry which is defined in libcygwin.a. This in turn
   calls the routine you supply to the DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL (see below)
   and, for this example, I've chose DllMain to be consistent with all
   the other platforms.

   MSVC: MSVC runtime calls DllMain, just like Mingw32.

   here. Otherwise, the default setup should be just fine for 99%+ of
   the time. I strongly suggest that you *not* change the entry point,
   but rather change DllMain as appropriate.

 */

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <windows.h>
#undef WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <stdio.h>

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HINSTANCE hInst, DWORD reason,
		LPVOID reserved /* Not used. */ );

#ifdef __CYGWIN32__

#include <cygwin/cygwin_dll.h>
DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL(DllMain);
/* save hInstance from DllMain */
HINSTANCE	__hDllInstance_base;

#endif	 /* __CYGWIN32__ */

struct _reent *_impure_ptr;

extern struct _reent *__imp_reent_data;

/*
 *----------------------------------------------------------------------
 *
 * DllMain
 *
 *	This routine is called by the Mingw32, Cygwin32 or VC++ C run
 *	time library init code, or the Borland DllEntryPoint routine. It
 *	is responsible for initializing various dynamically loaded
 *	libraries.
 *
 * Results:
 *		TRUE on sucess, FALSE on failure.
 *
 * Side effects:
 *
 *----------------------------------------------------------------------
 */
BOOL		APIENTRY
DllMain(
		HINSTANCE hInst /* Library instance handle. */ ,
		DWORD reason /* Reason this function is being called. */ ,
		LPVOID reserved /* Not used. */ )
{

#ifdef __CYGWIN32__
	__hDllInstance_base = hInst;