Re: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION/segfault problems with cygwin 1.1.4

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:30:52 -0400, DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:
> The problem is when you have two differently named import libraries
> that refer to the same DLL.  Because they have different names, the
> linker sorts them separately, but because they are the same
> internally, there is only one symbol for the import, and half the
> imports get ignored.

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but I get this
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when trying to compile squid. GCC reports the
following

      0 [main] cc1 1065 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    623 [main] cc1 1065 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to cc1.exe.stackdump
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make: *** [uudecode.o] Error 1

Anyone want to have a go at what that means?  It happens after a lot of
parse errors and warnings in winsock.h.

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :