linker mis-alignments for cygwin 1.1.3

I see that linking my codes under cygwin 1.1.3 includes modules named
_cygwin_crt0_common.o
environ
_fmode
_impure_ptr

apparently all from libcygwin.a, which take a total of 12 bytes,
beginning at a properly aligned address, leaving all subsequent modules
mis-aligned.  Is it a total coincidence that this problem didn't occur
for me prior to 1.1.3?  This appears to be the likely cause of the
severe performance regression which I annoyed you all by reporting.  Is
there a mechanism for controlling linker alignments, or is that
considered impossible in the cygwin environment?  Up to now, data
regions have usually linked with satisfactory alignment.  Of course, the
.p2align scheme used by gcc has been defeated all along by the random
alignments of code under cygwin.  If it were not for these problems, it
appears that cygwin would out-perform linux on the operations which I
have been benchmarking.

I will attempt to get the 1.1.4 distribution later on.  As others have
pointed out, simply following instructions causes nothing to be
up-dated.

Tim Prince