Re: the directory named TEMP or TMP

Chris Faylor wrote:
>I *really* don't understand the question.
>
>Why don't you just create /tmp?
>
>bash
>mkdir /tmp
>
>is this really that difficult a problem?

my post says:
>Given: Unix program ported/__cross__compiled with cygwin to run underWin.
>-> Executable + cygwin1.dll on target machine, _no_ full cygwin
>environment.

I don't have any bash under Win!
I don't have a cygwin environment on the target Win machine!
I don't know know where /tmp files go to, when there's only the
crosscompiled .exe (which needs just cygwin1.dll?) and the cygwin1.dll,
_nothing else_ from cygwin on the target Win machine.

No Win Cygwin environment is used in creation of the .exe. it's
crossompiled from Linux, and no full Cygwin environment is present when
the program is used on Win, just the .dll.

Now more clear ?  (I hope I am, my english isn't .. umm... well )

Because of crosscompile and no Windows box in reach I have a hard time
trying different things, the code just fails on creation of temp files on
execution on a Win box (when I get to it)...
:(

Martin